Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not An Original

One of the first stamp sets I acquired was Wild ABout You - I hadn't realised it was missing a stamp (and it had to be the much adored lion - grrr!) when I bid on Ebay and of course, I ended up winning the auction. Anyway, I have found that sometimes it takes time (a lot of it!) and effort to "muck" around with stamps to create a card I am excited about. And then I get discouraged, and find that I am not making time for it, so it's a vicious cycle. I have all these stamp sets, and I just want to get them used. So I swallow the pride pill, googled the Wild About You stamp set to see what so many talented people have done with it - wow! I decided to copy (I think sometimes this is referred to as "case"?) one entirely, only I can't link to a blog as it was from an auction site. So there, that's my part in giving the credit of the idea to its rightful owner, and here's the picture of the card I copied/cased (well picture to come when I take the photo in the daylight). Notice I have not put any sentiments on the card so it is flexible what I use it for (though it's probably likely to be a Happy Birthday or Thank You card).





Stamp Set: Wild ABout You
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Whisper White
Other: Double sided tape

No comments:

Post a Comment