Friday, February 18, 2011

New Journey


The title to my first post on this blog is apt on two accounts. First it, refers to where I'm at in my paper crafting journey and secondly, this post is about how I created a card to congratulate a couple who will soon make the lifelong commitment we call Marriage. It was the night before DH's youngest brother's engagement BBQ. The children are in bed early-ish (8.30pm) and after a day of slow going on the motivation front, I got out my small (though growing!) Stampin' Up supplies to see what engagement card I could come up with.

I have been wanting to use the Versamark ink pad but really had no idea how to use it since I hadn't seen a demonstration of its use (which I now know is a-plenty - Google is so my friend!) and bought it new off Trade Me cos it was a good buy. The Watermark technique was the obvious route with what tools I have.

I only have 4 cardstock colours to choose from - Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White or Very Vanilla. Limited choice is good, otherwise I might still be debating which colours to use! The watermark effect popped out more on the Cherry Cobbler than the Real Red, so that was a simple decision that needs no more deliberating - phew.

Next decision - what sentiments and stamps to use? Well I was already using the Priceless swirly stamp for the watermark background, and since it is a card about Love, the heart or butterfly stamps in that same stamp set seems fitting. I also went for the Best Wishes stamp from the Oval All stamp set because it means I get to use the oval and Scallop oval punches (I just love using punches). Sweet - now all that remained to do is to put the card together.


Stamp Set: Priceless, Oval All
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Punch: Scallop Edge, Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Other: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, 2-way Glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

(ps: I just can't seem to capture the true colour on camera or otherwise it is blurry...oh well, you get the idea.)

Ahh - I feel better. It is so good to create. This was a great way to end my slow going day. Now I just have to think what to write inside the card! But that will be tomorrow's task as it is far too late now.

No comments:

Post a Comment